Sierra Vista’s inpatient adolescent mental health treatment program helps stabilize teens between the ages of 13-17 (12-year-olds will be considered on a case-by-case basis), who are in an immediate crisis while providing the skills to help minimize future incidents.
- Danger to Self, Danger to Others, or Gravely Disabled
- Mood Disorders such as Major Depression
- Impulsive Outbursts
- Poor Interaction with Authority Figures
- Acting Out Behaviors
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse
Mental Health Treatment Overview
We perform a thorough mental health assessment and develop an individual plan for each adolescent. The treatment team assesses the needs of the individual and provides a supportive, respectful environment that encourages and reinforces positive behaviors, such as:
- Goal Setting
- Problem Solving
- Positive Thinking
- Positive Peer Relationships
- Respect for Authority
- Expression of Feelings
- Impulse Control & Delayed Gratification
- Expression of Feelings (regarding self and others)
- Conflict Resolution
- Process Groups
- Individual and Family Meetings
- Recreational Therapy
- Chemical Dependency
- Anger and Aggression Management
- Education & Social Skills
- Medication Management & Education
- Aftercare Planning Development
A team of treatment professionals explore ways to prevent future crises while working with parents and adolescents to communicate effectively. We teach the positive reinforcement approach so parents may continue these supportive and effective methods at home.
Please view the testimonial below from an adolescent and parent who graduated from our mental health program.
For a free and confidential assessment, please contact us.